Pages

Monday, June 25, 2012

Orlando

We currently have several vacations in the works and I would like to blog about our plans and experiences every step of the way.




Next month, we are taking the kids to Disney World in Orlando. We are staying at the Disney Contemporary Resort. That’s the one where the monorail comes right into the hotel and transports passengers between the hotel and the Magic Kingdom, as well as Epcot. I’ve been told by more than one person to advise Disney that my autistic kids are coming for a visit. I heard we can skip the long lines, which would be great considering my kids get really ugly when they have to wait.



We also got a non-stop flight to Orlando. This is a big deal. My kids and many autistic kids don’t do well with layovers. I’ve experienced many a meltdown when connecting flights to the point where I was worried they would kick us off the plane.



My brother made reservations at Boston Lobster House, a restaurant he visited when in Florida to see the Orange Bowl many years ago. They apparently have an incredible seafood buffet.



I haven’t been to Disney World for about 20 years. I have never stayed at a Disney resort. When we were kids, we stayed in Kissimmee, which was perfectly fine and not too far from the parks. I’m excited about taking my kids at this age. Sean is 7, which is perfect. He’s old enough that he’ll remember it and young enough that it’s all still magical to him.



More later!

No comments: