Pages

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Jenny


Can’t sleep.  On Facebook.  Clicked “on this day God wants you to know…” but there’s always an ad about how to meet rich men in my area.  God wants me to know that?

Scanned and posted some old family photos yesterday. I’m so grateful and lucky to have such a fantastic family – both my Mom and Dad’s side, full of amazing people.  I realize “amazing” is an overused word, but it’s so true for my fam damily.

I want to comment on the whole recent “Jenny controversy.”  In the autism community, Jenny McCarthy is “Jenny.”  It seems no one has a mild opinion about her in the autism community.  Personally, I love her. I will admit that when she was on MTV, I was totally annoyed, but as an autism mom, she rocks.  I don’t always agree with everything she has to say, but I know she doesn’t expect me to and I’m glad she’s at least saying it. 

Recently she was criticized for saying that some autism moms enjoy playing the victim.  I agree, isn’t Munchausen by proxy a recognized disorder?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Eileen, I know some things about Jenny that are a little eye opening. My opinion is a little different than yours. While I love that she is getting the message out there, the message she sends to Mom's is , to me, the wrong one. Diet alone didn't "cure" her son, he had INTENSE therapy at UCLA. She told them that if let her son into this VERY exclusive group, she would make them alot of money, and it happened. This is not rumor, it is fact. I got the info from a very close family member of hers, and no they are not at odds.

Jen Lenihan said...

Hey Eileen!
I love reading your entries! I too love Jenny. I live right next to members of her family and I think she gets a hard rap sometimes. Yes, she sometimes says things that people don't agree with, but I can't think of anyone that people agree 100% with. We all have our own journeys and experiences. She has never told anyone that what she's done, they should do. She found something (whatever that may be) that worked and Evan is thriving. We should all be greatful that he is doing so well and be less judgemental. *I'm not saying this based on anything I've read on your entries or comments on said entries but in general and from what I've read on other pages (like my McAuley alumni page) - people are just so harsh. I think she is an amazing mom and celebrities like Jenny & Holly Robinson-Peete are doing wonderful things to get AUTISM noticed and educate people.

Thanks for your post.