Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

Return to Deja Brew


Some of my friends were surprised I wanted to celebrate my birthday here because of its “young” reputation.  The crowd on the outdoor patio is always older.  We ordered the nachos and Southwestern egg rolls.  The Southwestern rolls are spicy, not too much – just enough to wake up your tastebuds and make your nose run a little bit, but nothing to set your mouth on fire.  I love the nachos here, even though the cheese is fake, gooey cheese – think Taco Bell.  The guacamole is fresh, chunky, just the right balance of everything – heat, lime, hint of onion, sweet avocado.  Our friends ordered the fried dill pickles (one of my favorite pub grub foods).  In the past when I have had fried pickles, the pickle slices were discs, kind of like how you get fried zucchini.  The Deja Brew fried pickles are pickle spears.  More pickle that way.  They come with a ranch dipping sauce.  Personally, I prefer remoulade sauce with fried pickles, but that’s me.  Our friends also had a club sandwich that they shared.  My husband had a chicken panini that he scarfed down – always a sign he really likes something.  Me, if I really like a dish, I savor each bite and take my time to make the yumminess last.  This was a perfect night to sit outside and something to savor, because before we know it, it will be cold in Chicago!
 
Deja Brew Bar & Grill is located at 5219 West 95th Street in Oak Lawn, Illinois.
 
 
 

No comments: