Pages

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Deja Brew Bar & Grill


To be honest, I generally avoid this place because of the louder, younger crowd (sorry, not my thing anymore), but I went here to celebrate a friend’s birthday last week and was pleasantly surprised at how different it is if you sit outside.  I liked it enough that we’re going there for my birthday next week.

The food here is consistently good.  I have read many negative reviews on yelp.com, but that hasn't been my personal experience.  The chicken tortilla soup is delicious.  The southwestern egg rolls were spicy, but not too much, very tasty.  I would recommend these for people who like some heat, but not a lot. (I like a lot.) The nachos are huge and really good, as are the mini burgers (refuse to call small burgers “sliders,” as I remember why we originally called White Castle burgers “sliders”).  Fairly decent wine and beer menu, lots of martini options.  The chocolate martini is dangerously deceptive, tastes like dessert, not a cocktail.

 I wouldn’t recommend this place for kids.  This is more of a bar.  That said, the food is better than your typical bar food.  The indoor area attracts a 20-something crowd and can get really loud.   The outdoor patio is better for people like me who prefer a quieter area where you can enjoy conversation. 

 Deja Brew Bar & Grill is located at 5219 West 95th Street in Oak Lawn, Illinois.

Urban Spoon reviews: Deja Brew on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Eileen,

Your first post just appeared on Urbanspoon! Check it out:
http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/2/865339/restaurant/Chicago/Deja-Brew-Oak-Lawn

I encourage you to claim your blog, which allows you to add a picture and change some settings. The blog photo shows up next to your posts wherever they appear on Urbanspoon. Here's how to claim:

- Make sure you're logged into Urbanspoon

- Go to your blog page on our site: http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/2/9203/Chicago/Our-familys-ride-on-the-autism-spectrum.html

- Click "Claim your blog" in the left sidebar

After you submit it, we may contact you to verify your claim. Check your spam email folder if your claim hasn't gone through in a day or two. You'll also find some interesting badges and widgets on your Urbanspoon blog page - look in the right sidebar.

If you have any questions, please contact me via email.

Thanks,
Greg

www.urbanspoon.com

--
greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com