Pages

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Robin Rescues Dinner


I loved Robin Miller on Food Network.  I am bummed she is no longer on that network nor the Cooking Channel.  I related to her concept: a very busy working mom with a busy family getting a home-cooked meal on the table at least three weeknights.  Reasonable, right?   She does prep work in advance- chopping vegetables, cooking double batches of chicken, etc. This works great for an insomniac like me!

I bought "Robin Rescues Dinner" on Amazon.  It contains 52 weeks of menus with instructions for each week’s prep work.  I love this part of the subtitle, “a realistic plan to get weeknight dinners on the table.” Any working mother can relate to that.

Cool feature: the 52-week menus are coordinated with the 52 weeks of the year, so when you pick a menu with its coordinating week of the year, it incorporates whatever vegetables and fruits are in season that time of year as well as taking into consideration what the weather may be at that time, i.e., comfort food in cold weather, lighter fare in the heat.

My husband is a picky customer and he has loved every recipe I have made from this book.  This is a book you can look at over the weekend, make your shopping list, do the prep work and know you will easily be able to make three home cooked meals during the week for the family.  The other two weekdays – I do frozen pizza or meal-in-a-bag one night and whatever day is payday that week, order delivery!
I recommend this book – good methodology and good recipes that make even picky eaters happy. J

No comments: