Pages

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Orlando Part 3


It was evening once we were settled in our room.  We went downstairs to the Contempo CafĂ© on the 4th floor for dinner.  You order from a touch screen computer that prints out your receipt.  You then pay the cashier and are given a beeper that lets you know when the food is ready to be picked up at the kitchen counter.  The prices weren’t crazy and there was plenty to satisfy everyone.  My brother and I had the mahi mahi sandwich, which was really good.  The kids had chicken nuggets, burgers and fries.  Disney puts the healthy options first – the automatic side dish is fruit or veggies.  You have to specify if you want fries.  Also, the automatic drink choices are milk, water or juice.  You have to specify pop if that’s what your child wants.



We went back up to the room, where Todd promptly fell asleep.  My dad and brother decided to drive to the local Publix to buy pop and snacks for the room.  Sean and I went out on the balcony where we had a lovely view of the nightly light show on Bay Lake.  I imagine this would be extra cool to view from one of the dinner cruise boats.  Disney songs are played loudly and there are big light-up creatures – a dinosaur, alligator, octopus, dolphins and King Neptune in a chariot pulled by sea horses.  The lights change into American flags for the finale of patriotic music.  Sean loved it.



Sean absolutely loved the water play area and especially the water slide.  That is putting it mildly.  Every day, I put aside some time for him to go to the water slide.  The first day we went, he just took off and ran up the stairs and went down the slide before I could get to the other end in the pool to catch him.  A lifeguard promptly jumped in and grabbed him.  I was only about two feet behind the lifeguard.  I got Sean out of the water and over to where the life vests are kept to put one on him.  He had also gone down the slide with his water shoes still on.  This isn’t recommended because the shoes stick to the sides of the slide.  The lifeguard supervisor came over to us to make sure Sean was okay.  A bit embarrassing, but I’m glad they are so thorough when it comes to water safety.  Sean was subsequently reprimanded for going down head first, backwards and not waiting for the green light at the top of the slide.  I’ve been told by his recreational therapist at school that he has no fear in the water and tends to make bold choices that aren’t safety-friendly.  The only way I was able to get him out of the pool and away from the water slide was a Minnie sighting – I thought I saw Minnie heading up to our room or to the lobby.  Minnie is his new girlfriend!  My brother bought him a small stuffed Minnie doll at Publix and Sean gave her kisses the entire trip.   

1 comment:

Mel said...

Have to admit that I was giggling a bit picturing all the different ways he was getting in trouble. Bravo to the Disney CM for being there to get him out.

And Minnie is the cutest.