Pages

Monday, June 2, 2014

Chicago White Sox-Autism Speaks


The kids went to their first Chicago White Sox game on Saturday.  It was Autism Speaks Day and the White Sox gave $10 from each ticket sold through Autism Speaks to Autism Speaks.  I’ve been wanting to take them for years – was mainly concerned about my little guy and his pica – God knows what he would eat off the ground.  It is always a crap shoot with them – one behaves and the other doesn’t – very often it’s the one I was worried about that behaves and the one I thought would be fine is not.  Since Autism Speaks was involved for this particular game, they provided a sensory break area and a quiet area for the game.

 

The weather was hot – 88 degrees and we were sitting in the sun.  Of course I forgot sunscreen and had to borrow from my sister-in-law and of course I forgot diapers and just prayed the little guy would stay dry for a few hours (he did!)

 

My older son who has PDD-NOS had a few tantrums, mostly because he wanted to overeat – a problem with him lately, he’ll eat until he literally makes himself sick.  He was also overwhelmed by the heat – it was getting to me as well, so we walked over to the cool and shady quiet area a few times.

 

Sox lost, but the kids overall had a great time!  Something else we can now do as a family!

 

No comments: