Pages

Friday, December 20, 2013

Frozen


We went to see “Frozen” at a special needs showing at the Marcus movie theater in Orland Park, Illinois.  They have these showings about once a month.  The movies are in 2D, the volume is lowered and the lights are only half-down. As usual, I loved the fact that my kids can be as weird and loud as they want to, because all the kids are like that and no one is judging.  It’s such a free feeling. My son loves to run right up to the screen and dance along when characters are dancing; if there is a chase scene, he runs across the length of the screen like he’s involved in the chase.  My little guy can crawl on the floor, take popcorn out of other people’s containers – no one flinches.

As far as the movie – it’s based on “The Snow Queen” by Hans Christian Andersen.  My brother commented that this is an uncommon fairy tale where a curse is broken by family love as opposed to the usual romantic love.  Sorry if that’s a spoiler! J

No comments: